Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ripples On The Pond

Memories of days gone by

They have a special feel.

The sweetness of your love for me

Echoes softly still.

Those thoughts of younger years

Seeking out the ponds:

Watching rocks skip across water

As they ripple far beyond.

While the flat smooth pebbles

Tend to quietly disappear

The waves are there to remind me

I can always feel you near.

Upon my heart is written;

your gentle ways of teaching.

Like ripples on the pond

They are forever reaching.

Time silently hushes the motion

As waves appear to dull

Yet they ripple back to center

endless within my soul.

Your compassion rippled out

Helping me embrace my own.

Like impressions on the water

From the tender care I’ve known.

Your life so gently touched mine

and lingers to this day.

It sparkles crystal clear reflections

As if only yesterday.

~Sandra Crowther~

No comments: